I'm a software developer with expertise in Clojure web application development.
In my current and previous roles I have single-handedly delivered multiple projects where I was responsible for all aspects of the application development lifecycle - from requirements gathering and scope analysis; to the delivery of features through multiple rounds of feedback and QA; and finally operational support. I have also participated in the design, development, and operations of enterprise-wide, mission-critical projects as part of a team.
To summarize, I'm a developer that knows how to wear many hats, and has a proven track record of writing high-quality, clean, maintainable code.
Magenta Health | Director of IT and Software Development | Aug 2021 - Present
- Participate in strategic planning to ensure that our efforts are aligned with our long-term goals and objectives.
- Design, development, and support of greenfield applications, creating customized solutions to meet the organization's specific needs and requirements.
- Maintenance of and upgrades to existing internal applications, ensuring that they remain up-to-date and continue to perform optimally.
- Supervising and liaising with third-party developers.
University Health Network | Technical Specialist | Sep 2016 - Aug 2021
- Designed and developed custom web applications for various units across UHN, including:
- A hospital-wide discharge summary tool that seamlessly integrates data from multiple systems, supports complex transactional business rules, and allows for multi-user editing while keeping data synchronized across clients. This cutting-edge technology revolutionized the way healthcare professionals access and share information, contributing to a higher standard of care.
- Inpatient and outpatient medication reconciliation systems that enable healthcare providers to track and review a patient's full medication history - ensuring accurate and comprehensive medication information is communicated consistently across transitions of care and reducing errors such as omissions, duplications, dosing errors, or drug interactions.
- eConsent and survey collection tools for UHN Researchers - streamlining data collection and analysis to support cancer research at the organization.
- An application to track and update the statuses of bodies stored in UHN morgues, allowing for efficient and accurate processing by security, pathologists, coroners, and social workers. By providing real-time updates and tracking, the application helps to minimize errors and delays, ensuring that the appropriate next steps are taken at each stage of processing.
- Provided operational support for roughly twenty applications under my team's portfolio, ensuring that healthcare professionals always had access to the data and tools they needed in order to provide the highest quality of care to patients.
- Hired, trained and supervised co-op students, helping them grow as professionals and find success in their careers.
CircleCI | Software Developer Intern | May - Aug 2016
- Worked with both the infrastructure and product engineering teams to deliver new features.
Rl Solutions (now RLDatix) | Mobile Developer Intern | May - Aug 2015
- Contributed to the development of RL6:Mobile for iOS - an application for collecting patient feedback and incident reports on the go - using the Xamarin framework.
- Researched and prototyped a push notification solution for RL6:Mobile.
University Health Network | Software Developer Intern | Sep - Dec 2014
- Worked with the Mobile team to develop an iPad based clinical documentation tool for the Toronto Western Bariatric Clinic.
- Re-wrote legacy applications using up to date frameworks and best practices.
- LookupLab: A query-matching tool that can be configured with domain-specific knowledge.
- Clojure/north: Canada's first Clojure conference.
- Cryogen: Customizable static site generator written in Clojure.
- Memory Hole: A support issue tracker for developer teams.
- Cookbook.clj: Cookbook application (WIP)
- Advent of Code 2019: Solutions for days 1 through 9 of AoC 2019
- Closure - A web app that enables clinicians to track and follow-up on the status of their patients' tests and external appointments.
- Guest Lecturer @ UTSC for CSCC24: Principles of Programming Languages | 2018 - 2020
- Aviary: Clinical Collaboration Platform @ Clojure/north 2019
University of Toronto | Honours Bachelor of Science in Computer Science | 2018